martes, 31 de octubre de 2017

Causative have and get-Adjetive ending in-ed/-ing

CAUSATIVE HAVE AND GET

FUNCTION

To have/get something done means that another person does something for you.
have someone do something and get someone to do something also mean you ask/hire someone to do something for you.

FORM

get/have+direct objet+past participle.
have+inderect object+base form
get+indirect object+infinitive form

EXAMPLES

They had us take off our shoes in the middle of the airport.
Resultado de imagen para quitar los zapatos en el aeropuerto
I can see Mr. Jennings now. Have him come in, please!
Resultado de imagen para Puedo ver al Sr. Jennings ahora. Que lo haga entrar, por favor!
I had the plumber fix the pipes in the kitchen.
Resultado de imagen para Hice que el fontanero arreglara las tuberías en la cocina.
I had my hair cut yesterday.
Resultado de imagen para Me corté el pelo ayer.
I had my house broken into last summer.
Resultado de imagen para Me rompieron la casa de campaña el verano pasado.
They had us laughing all through the evening
Resultado de imagen para Nos hicieron reír durante toda la tarde

ADJETIVES ENDING IN- ED/-ING
Form/ Function
-ed participles used as adjectives describe an effet on a person or thing.
I was very intested in the detective story
-ing participles used as adjectives describe the person or thing that causes an effect.
The book was very interesting.
EXAMPLES
Ed adjectives
  • I was very bored in the maths lesson. I almost fell asleep.
  • Resultado de imagen para clase de matematica
  • He was surprised to see Helen. She’d told him she was going to Australia.
  • Resultado de imagen para sorprendido
  • Feeling tired and depressed, he went to bed.
  • Resultado de imagen para cansado y deprimido
ing adjectives

  • Have you seen that film? It’s absolutely terrifying.
  • Resultado de imagen para aterrador
  • I could listen to him for hours. He’s one of the most interesting people I’ve ever met.
  • Resultado de imagen para personas interesantes
  • I can’t eat this! It’s disgusting! What is it?
  • Resultado de imagen para comida asquerosa

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

REPEATED AND DOUBLE COMPARATIVES

To indicate that something is increasing we can apply two structures: er and er / more and more . Para indicar que algo está aumentando,...